Proposal Narrative Guidelines
The proposal should be no more than five pages long (exceptions to length will be made with prior approval from the foundation’s executive director) and must include:
- Statement of the mission and a brief history of the organization.
- A summary of the need for the proposed program/project. If applying for the organizations as a whole, an overview of the need(s) the organization fills in the community.
- Description of project details.
- Activities/process (including timeline)
- Single and multi-year funding will be considered.
- Target population.
- Staffing – statement as to qualifications of the individual(s) responsible for carrying out the project.
- Program and agency infrastructure that will support the proposed efforts.
- Intended outputs (quantitative measures such as #’s served, #’s participated, etc.) and outcomes (impact measurements/reporting).
- Include methods to be used to track/gather these results.
- Include the reason why the Foundation was considered an appropriate donor.
- The total cost of the project, amount requested, and other sources of funding (attached a separate proposal budget). Include budget justification/narrative for those costs included in what is being requested of the Foundation.
- Flexible funding within a project/program or for an organization will be considered. If the request supports a school, the organization must indicate the approximate number of students that will be involved or benefiting from the program. Include a list of the school’s faculty who have either committed or are interested in the program.
- Internal Revenue Service notification of tax-exempt status
- Certificate of Vendor Compliance
- Organization’s Articles of Incorporation
- Organization’s Bylaws
- Current list and bios of the organization’s leadership team and any key staff relevant to the program/project(s) supported by this grant
- A current list of board of directors members, including their professional or business affiliations
- Proposal budget
- The organization’s most recent audited annual financial statement (if an audit is not available, with pre-approval from the Foundation’s Executive Director, a CPA reviewed year-end financial statement may be sufficient).
- Two letters of support from non-organizational affiliated individuals or entities supporting the program/project and the organization (no letters should come from staff, Board members, or paid vendors unless those vendors are sub-contracted non-profit partner organizations).
Fill out our application package and upload your documents all online.